- Get specific about your goal, people involved, resources, timing, places, and reasons for setting this goal.
- What metrics can help measure success or failure?
- Why are these metrics meaningful?
- Are these metrics around time, money, traction, volume, frequency...?
- How much?
- How many?
- How to measure?
- Have you set a realistic goal that you can see can come true?
- What are the small achievable steps you can take right away?
- What other skills or resources do you need to make this goal attainable?
- Can your team confirm what's achievable and what else they need to succeed?
- Is this goal in line with your brand or organization's mission and values?
- Is this goal a natural fit with other projects, goals and tasks?
- Does this goal fit into the big picture, the state of the world?
- Is the timing right?
- Is your time worth it?
- Are you the right person to work on it?
- Can you set milestones or deadlines?
- What can be achieved within certain timelines?
- Check in with your team's estimates, capabilities, and performance.